Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Space, the good and the bad

OK, so I check my MySpace account on average about once every 2 weeks or so. I have found some really good things about MySpace and some really bad.

We'll start with the bad...

Solicitation! I checked the MySpace messages today, and I had about 15 from people who have had their accounts deleted (My assumption is that they were misusing their account to solicit people). Then I had one that still had an account. It looked suspicious, but I have clicked on a suspicious one before and reconnected with people that I have not seen in ages, so I clicked on it.

It was a solicitation - the worst one that I have ever seen!

Why was it so bad? It was so bad because it was claiming the name of Christ!

I apologize for showing you this, but I have to give you an idea of what the devil is up to. Here is the banner:



So this ad is to meet Sexy Christians. It makes me sick to my stomach. My question is, Does a Christian person really think that this is an alright idea, to advertise sexy and Christian as some sort of "complete package"? I feel like this would be a situation similar to when Jesus turned over the tables of the money changers in the Temple (Mathew 21:12,Mark 11:15,John 2:15).


Now for the good...

It doesn't get any better than this. Following is a video from Jon Shirley's MySpace of him getting vaccinations before his trip to Ethiopia. I laughed so hard! If you don't know who Jon Shirley is, he was the pastor/worship leader of the River Market Church in Little Rock and is now the Worship Leader of a young adult service called The Gathering in Overland Park (Kansas City) at Heartland Community Church.

Ethiopia shots

1 comment:

Jerry James said...

My favorite part was when she said it would be alright in the "end", and no one laughed.