Monday, March 26, 2007

The World Before Lucy

So, I just realized that I have not posted anything about how Amy and I found out a few weeks ago that we are having a girl! We have already received lots of advice and comments on having a girl:


  • "Start saving for the wedding now!"

  • "She is going to have you wrapped around her finger. She'll be 'daddy's little girl.'"

  • "No, no, no, no, no" (The first time we said to Eli "Are you going to have a little sister?")

  • "Girls are different from boys - boys are easier"



It is very difficult to imagine what this will be like. I also remember saying that with Eli, and now it is difficult to remember what life was like before Eli. I am sure that it won't be long and we will be saying, "What was it like - The World before Lucy?"

Yes, Lucy is the name that we have settled on. I found that out the other day while on the phone with my sister. She asked if it was definitely Lucy. We had been telling people that it wasn't definite, reserving our right to change our mind. Amy overheard me trying to tell Tarah that we weren't 100%. When Amy heard this, she said, "Its Lucy ... it just is." Then she went on to tell me that she had just finished a blog titled "Lucy's bedding". She is right. The name is Lucy - I mean, there is something that makes it so natural to say "I love Lucy".

So, I am sure that there is a lot of other very good advice. Give me your 2 cents.

4 comments:

Jerry James said...

Girls are pretty much like boys, only they're girls.

Lee Ann James said...

Girls have belly buttons, too.

Jerry James said...

Did you know my grandmother's name on my Dad's side was Lucy James.

Nathan said...

It seems like I have been told that I had a great grandmother named Lucy. What was her middle name? Was it Ann?